Friday, August 20, 2010

The Process of Going Back to Work - Part 2


Well, we have done it. I am back at work, Eli is going to daycare and Dan is alone once more in the house. We have survived two weeks of our new "normal" and so far we are all surviving... well except the blog, which has obviously taken a hit, but at least it is the blog that is getting neglected not my son, husband or job.

I did really well with dropping him off at daycare the first day and overall have really enjoyed being back at work (well, except the whole work part). The hardest part of the day for me is between 3:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon when my brain has checked out of work and is so ready to be at home with my boys. Also, I struggle at night when he falls asleep in my arms to put him down in his bed. I savor that snuggly time with my boy. I don't want to put him down, I don't want to leave him again. It is strange how it hits me at night. I think it is because the mornings are busy and hectic and the evenings seem so precious to me.

I think Eli likes his school, but then again he is constantly happy and smiley (even when sick...more on that later) so who really knows. His teachers seem to like him a lot...again with the "smiley all the time" thing. He has learned to sit up, hold his own bottle and eat his cereal (finally) since he started school so I guess it can't be all bad.

We all treasure our evening time together, it doesn't seem like there is much of it most nights, but we enjoy it as much as we can. Eli is typically in bed by 8:30 and if we are up an hour after that it is a miracle... I guess that is what parenthood does to you.


And I will leave you with a "smiley all the time" boy picture:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails